Sports, Pain​ & ​Regenerative 


How To Find The Ideal Workers Comp Doctor For Your Work Related Injury

If you are injured on the job, you're entitled to workers’ compensation. Part of this plan allows you to seek the necessary treatment for your work-related illness or injury. This comes at the expense of the employer. You may not have to see a predetermined workers’ comp doctor. You may be able to choose your own (this applies in certain states only).

Below you will find some guidelines to assist you in selecting specialists, in switching doctors, and in the selection of a treating physician.

Which Doctor Is Best for You?

When an employee is injured on the job, a process goes into motion known as workers’ compensation. It's goal, in part, is to see to it that injured employees are compensated for any lost wages, rehabilitation, and medical care needed due to the injury. Having great impact on a workers’ compensation case will be choosing the right doctor for treatment.

The following decisions will be impacted by this doctor:

  • Work limitations and work restrictions from the workers’ comp injury
  • Recovery
  • Referring specialists
  • Administration of treatment plans
  • Work adjustments, work restrictions, time off of work, return date of work
  • Work-related diagnosis

It is essential that you see the correct doctor for treatment and assessment. How much workers’ comp you receive may be impacted by the above decisions. For your workers’ comp claim, doctors’ reports will be invaluable.

What Are Workers’ Compensation Doctors?

In a workers’ compensation case, one of the most important decisions that will be made is the choice of a doctor (or doctors). The best choices of course, where work-related illnesses and injuries are concerned, will be board-certified workers’ compensation doctors.

Who Do These Doctors Serve?

Workers’ compensation doctors typically serve the following (and more):

  • Registered nurses
  • TSA employees
  • Prison and jail workers
  • Office workers
  • Construction workers
  • Federal employees, etc.

Will You Need To Consult a Specialist?

Doctors specializing in musculoskeletal cases may refer injured employees out to any of the following:

  • Physical therapy
  • Surgery or other procedures
  • Consultations
  • Diagnostic tests
  • Specialty care

What Kinds of Injuries Are Treated?

The types of injuries that can be received on the job are far too many to list here. Some of the most common/general injuries treated are the following:

You Need Care – Be Sure You Get It

Work-related injuries can become a nightmare if the victim has to live with the stress of living every day with pain. It can make simple tasks like sleeping, walking, and sitting nearly impossible. One of the leading causes of employees missing work is back pain. Living with that kind of pain can also cause anxiety and depression.

In this country, in one year, 264 million days will be lost to back pain. At some point in their lives, an estimated 80% of the population will have to deal with it.

If back pain is making your life a living nightmare, consult the experts at Sports, Pain, & Regenerative Institute. We are located in Edgewater, New Jersey, and are dedicated to assisting our patients in living a life that is pain-free.